Thursday, December 25, 2008

Resolutions

With the New Year fast approaching, it only makes sense that I would have a playlist for it. So, Happy New Year! Yes, this is preliminary. For once, I am ahead of the game. I have a few resolutions. Train for another half marathon, stay on top of my school work, and keep my house at least passable for company. That last one is especially important now that I have such entertaining capabilities - what with my new couch, TV, and Wii. Anyone want to come over and bowl? Inviting people over on a blog that no one reads probably isn't that effective. Another good resolution would be to keep up with my weekly playlist-ing. We'll see how that goes.

Before I share the playlist, I think I would like to share this conversation that I had with my mom and my little sister last week.

Mom: So Rissy, how did your end of the year evaluation go?
Me: I didn't get to have it yet. Mike pushed it back until next week. It's a little frustrating.
Madi: Well, at least now you'll have some more time to study.
At this point, there was an extended silence in which I shared a "look" with my mom and then we looked back at Madi. She is unphased... and responds as follows:
Madi: You haven't been studying... have you?
Me (incredulous): No Madi. No I haven't.

Ok, without further ado... Here is "Resolutions"

Auld Lang Syne - Straight No Chaser (an a capella group. They're really quite entertaining)
My Dear Acquaintance (Happy New Year) - Regina Spektor
The New Year - Death Cab for Cutie (Fine. So this is on everybody's New Year's Playlist. Sue me. It's a good song.)
Together We'll Ring in the New Year - Motion City Soundtrack
Same Old Auld Lang Syne - Dan Fogelberg (I do not regret this slightly embarrassing inclusion. You could do a lot worse than Dan Fogelberg.)
At Full Speed- Jack's Mannequin
This Year's Love - David Gray
Dust In The Wind - Kansas (What's a New Year Playlist without a little bit of melancholy? This is seriously one of my favorite songs of all time)
Running Out of Time - Hot Hot Heat (While markedly stylistically different than the previous song, isn't the recurring theme that we're all short on time?)
Sleeping In - The Postal Service (certainly what I'll be doing on New Year's Day, that's for sure.)

So there it is. You know, if you read this, you can actually tell me what kind of playlist you would like to see me take a crack at. Or, you could offer songs of your own for the playlist featured. Blogging. It's interactive. Go figure.

No comments: