Sunday, February 8, 2009

T&T Love Songs

This mix CD is an inspiration to my playlist making. I probably first heard and fell in love with it in the Summer of 2005, though my most extensive memories of it come from the 06 and 07 Summers. The LVR staff would all be at Trigger's house for one gathering or another, and we would decide to put on some music. Anytime this was remotely up to me, I chose this mix CD from Trigger's stash. It is quite possibly the best Mix CD ever made. (Hooray superlatives!) I can only aspire to creating a love song mix quite so perfect. I'm pretty sure this was a mix made for his sister's wedding. I copied it before I left "for good" in 2007, but a bunch of the songs were corrupted and wouldn't play. So, I finally was able to put it back together in its entirety this weekend. Anyhow, I figured that because Valentine's Day is coming up, I would throw it in as a bonus playlist for the week. I'm not tagging the artists in it because there are too many. Besides, it's just a bonus playlist. I didn't really create it. I just love it. A lot. I'd give kudos to the original creator of the mix CD, but I honestly don't think I ever found out who it was.

T&T Love Songs
Everyday - Buddy Holly
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - The Platters
(They Long to Be)Close To You - The Carpenters
That's Amore - Dean Martin
Can't Hurry Love - Diana Ross & The Supremes
I Want to Walk You Home - Fats Domino
Your Love Is Lifting Me Higher - Jackie Wilson
Sugar Pie Honey Bunch - The Temptations
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - The Shirelles
For The Longest Time - Billy Joel
Take My Breath Away - Berlin
You're My Inspiration - Chicago
I've Got You Under My Skin - Frank Sinatra
Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers
Unforgettable - Frank Sinatra
You Are So Beautiful - Joe Cocker
How Sweet it Is - James Taylor
Something - The Beatles
Groovy Kind of Love - Phil Collins
Somebody - Depeche Mode
Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton

No comments: