Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm calling it "Moving"

I'm starting this Playlist a week blog because I would like to find a new way to discover and organize all the music on my iPod. Also, I go through so many phases of what I feel like listening to that I can never keep track without some sort of record keeping process. I've looked back on some of my older blogs and journals and it has been really cool to see what I was obsessing over in the past. Yes, obsessing is the right word. That's how I do music. So this is really a blog for me but if someone else finds it and likes it, that's cool too. I'll try to keep each list between 10-15 songs for brevity and cohesiveness.

This week's playlist is called "Moving". These are all songs that I have heard either intentionally or by putting my iPod on shuffle that for some reason or another I really connected with. It's a really mellow list this week, and a little melancholy. That's cool though.

Matt Nathanson - "The Weight of it All"
Joshua Radin - "The Fear You Won't Fall"
Rufus Wainwright - "Across the Universe" (yes, I know it is a Beatles cover, but it is also outstanding)
Reindeer Section - "You Are My Joy"
Augustana - "Sweet and Low"(the acoustic version, specifically)
Death Cab For Cutie - "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" (when the album Plans came out, I could barely listen to anything else for a month)
Damien Rice - "9 Crimes"
Spill Canvas - "Lullaby"
David Melilo - "Wait For It"
Coldplay - "Fix You" (disclaimer: I don't really even like Coldplay. You'd think I would but I don't. Go figure. This song is beautiful and poignant though)
Atlantic - "Sleep Now" (note: this is my friend Josh's new band. Check them out at www.myspace.com/atlanticonline)
Snow Patrol - "The Planets Bend In Between Us"

No comments: